Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Well, Its been a while!

Hey all, I am posting here not really thinking many of you know this blog exists. I have not posted here in a long time. Like two years. I have decided though as of late that there are a lot of crafty things I do and I would like to share them with anyone who decides to read this. I think I will give tips on how to do the things I do. I also do a lot of handouts for young womens (church job) that I thought maybe some of you out there would enjoy copying. I really don't mind and I know some Sunday mornings, all I want to do is get out of bed and copy someone else's handouts, for convenience. I really have done a lot since my last post two years ago. I will try to do an update of all the things I can think of. I don't have pictures for all my things but I do have a few. A lot of what I do is crocheting and Knitting. Lately though I have really been into wood refinishing and designing. Here is a few pictures of the ones in my house.

















These are just some of the ones I have in my house.... They are super easy and CHEAP. This last summer when I had 6 weddings in probably two months, we decided we could not spend $25.00 on each present. We did however still want to show some love to those that were getting hitched so I made 6 of these... total cost for all of them.... about $30.00. That is about $5.00 a piece. You buy the wood at Ikea for $3.00. It is an unfinished wood shelf. Then you sand it, and paint it your desired color. After doing two or three coats and waiting for them to dry, sand some corners and edges. I would not do a equal amount of sanding all around (boring). Have some larger spots and in some spots do not sand at all. Then rub some dark stain on the whole board, making sure to get all the cracks, corners, and even the front. Let this dry completely (until it is not sticky to the touch). After letting it dry, take your sand paper and rub off the top layer of the stain. this will leave it in the wood grain and bring out your paint in the higher spots. Do not sand the stain off the parts where you sanded the edges and corners. I then used my Cricut to cut the vinyl lettering. You could also paint this on though. If you choose to paint it on, sand the middle of the letters to make it look antiqued.

like this



Thanks www.allthingsthrifty.com for the pic.
ps.... this is my all time new favorite site. I am addicted! Check out her blog and give some love. She is amazing. I am actually thinking about redoing my kitchen table and chairs like the furniture she puts on her website. I just have to get the courage

Check back later for some of the other things I have been up to for the last two years! haha

No comments: