Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Quick update on yesterday's crafting!

I decided to update you on my crafting from yesterday. After finishing all the laundry and cleaning (4:30) I made a trip to IKEA for some new shelfs to paint. I did not have a thanksgiving one yet. I figured while I was making my thanksgiving one, I may as well make a christmas one too. If anyone wants one they are $22.00. That covers the cost of paint, stain, vinyl, hardware to hang from, and ribbon if hanging from the top. If you want a custom one they are $25.00.












If you want to see some other projects done with yellow check out this awesome site allthingsthrifty.com . She has some really cute yellow furniture that she is done. normally she uses a black glaze. I thought about doing this one with a black glaze but I wanted it to be thanksgivingy and my vinyl was brown, so I did a brown stain instead. Jump over to her site and give her some love!

This one, I wanted a reminder to say my prayers at night so this has glow in the dark paint behind the word pray! It looks awesome in the dark, and I think it will be an excellent reminder. Also sometimes I wake up scared at night and it will also serve as a reminder that he is always there and all I have to do is pray...









3 comments:

Jillyan said...

So cute! Cozette was telling me that she got you hooked on allthingsthrifty! That's where I got the inspiration to paint my kitchen table and chairs. I used the same yellow color on two of my chairs with dark brown stain and I LOVE them!

Haslam said...

Ya, I have been making these for a while now and that site makes me want to make even more. I think that me and her were probably separated at birth. I want to be her best friend. I remember you doing your table and how cute it was! I just love yellow and turquoise and she uses them all over. I think I want to trade lives with her. haha... Thanks for commenting though. Your the first to comment!

The Troxels said...

Loving your stuf nikki. I wasn't the directions for those skirts. And I love the signs especially the christmas one. Adorable.